In addition to providing a comprehensive range of surgical weight loss solutions, Lite & Smart Dimensions is pleased to offer a world-class digestive care program. At Lite & Smart Dimensions in Los Angeles, our digestive care program has helped countless patients overcome abdominal pain, nausea, and other symptoms of digestive and bowel disorders. Bariatric surgeon Peter LePort and his team work closely with the Center for Digestive Diseases at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital (FVRH) and the digestive care experts at Orange Coast Memorial (OCM) Medical to provide state-of-the-art care for digestive disorders and diseases.
Superior Care for the Upper Gastrointestinal Tract
As part of our digestive care program, Lite & Smart Dimensions provides a complete range of services designed to restore health and function to the upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract. The upper GI tract includes the esophagus, the stomach, and the duodenum. Among the upper GI diseases handled by Lite & Smart Dimensions, FVRH, and OCM, many are treated exclusively through our practice, including:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD): A condition in which the contents of the stomach leak upward back into the esophagus
- Hiatal Hernia: A condition in which a portion of the stomach pushes up through the diaphragm, via the small opening (the hiatus) that allows the esophagus to pass through the diaphragm to the stomach
- Barrett’s Esophagus: A disease in which the tissue that normally lines the esophagus is replaced by a tissue similar to that of the intestinal lining; this condition puts sufferers at increased risk of a rare type of esophageal cancer
- Dysphagia: A condition marked by an often painful difficulty with swallowing
- Achalasia: A condition in which the lower esophageal sphincter is unable to open and allow food to pass into the stomach, resulting in difficulty swallowing food
- Esophageal and stomach cancers
Among the advanced technologies featured at Lite & Smart Dimensions is the LINX® Reflux Management System. LINX® is the only implantable device approved by the FDA for the treatment of GERD. During a minimally invasive procedure, Dr. LePort places a small, flexible band of magnets, enclosed in titanium beads and connected by titanium wires, around the esophagus. This device allows food to pass through, but then seals off the esophagus so that the contents of the stomach cannot come back up.
Other Services Available through the Digestive Care Program
Other services available through the digestive care program include a full suite of diagnostic procedures, as well as treatments for disorders of the lower GI tract (intestines, colon, and rectum) and the hepatobiliary system (liver, gallbladder, and pancreas). Both adult and pediatric patients are eligible for treatment through the program. For patients who are morbidly obese, conditions of the digestive tract may also improve through weight loss. These patients may wish to consider laparoscopic weight loss surgery, which is also available at Lite & Smart Dimensions.
Learn More about Our Digestive Care Program
To learn more about our digestive care program and how it might benefit you, please contact Dr. LePort and his team at Lite & Smart Dimensions today.