Lose Weight Effectively with the Help of Robotic Sleeve Surgery
Robotic sleeve surgery is a weight-reduction procedure that involves reducing the size of the stomach surgically. It is designed to make patients feel fuller when they have a meal, thereby cutting down on their calorie consumption and hunger pangs. It is a popular restrictive weight-loss method, as it is cuts down on the calorie intake of the patient during meals.
What Does the Procedure Entail?
A robotic sleeve surgery employs robot-assisted laparoscopy. The Da Vinci robot is used for this procedure. Laparoscopic surgeries are performed with small incisions. Through these incisions, tiny surgical tools and internal cameras can be used to make adjustments and necessary changes during the surgery. The robotic assistance streamlines the surgery and allows for much greater efficiency and safety. This is a major improvement over open surgeries.
What Are the Benefits?
There are a number of benefits to a gastric sleeve surgery. These include:
• Simplicity – The biggest advantage of this procedure is the simplicity. The size of the stomach is reduced to promote weight loss.
• Relative Ease – Compared to a gastric bypass, there is no major revision or rerouting of the intestine involved with this procedure. This reduces the chance of potential complications.
• No Adjustments Required – A gastric banding surgery, which works on a similar principle, is more complicated, as the band that is used for shrinking the size of the stomach might require periodic adjustment. No such issues are encountered with a gastric sleeve.
• Revision Is Possible – If the sleeve is ineffective at promoting weight loss at the degree you wanted, then a bariatric surgeon can reverse it and shrink the stomach size further. You may also be able to get the gastric sleeve converted to a duodenal switch.
What Are the Advantages?
Robotic surgery has many advantages that improve the surgical quality and patient experience. Let’s take a look at some of them:
• Small Incisions and Minimal Post-Surgical Marks – The incisions that are made for a laparoscopic surgery are often less than one centimeter. Many of them are needed, but they are all quite small, which means that there are little to no noticeable post-surgical marks.
• Precise Movements – The procedure is performed by a robot, meaning that the flow and overall movement of the surgery is improved. The potential harm to internal organs and structures in the abdominal area due to human error is nil.
• Reduced Complications – Since the surgery is closed, it reduces the risk of infection and blood loss. Patients are highly unlikely to experience any serious issues during recovery.
• Better Healing Time – Since it is not an open surgery, there is a drastic reduction in healing time. This means that the patients will experience very little pain and discomfort and can return to their normal life soon.
It will take some time for the effects to show, so it is important to rest and monitor your daily caloric intake. You will not be able to start exercising immediately after the surgery.
Arrange Your Consultation
An experienced surgeon understands what it takes to lose those unwanted pounds. To get started on the path to weight loss, contact our office and set up your consultation.